To maintain legal compliance and provide a safe, respectful workplace, employees are required to complete the following workshops:
- An Overview of Sexual Harassment for Supervisors (Employees with supervisory responsibilities) - As a result of AB 1825 legislation, employees in a supervisory capacity must complete this course within six months of hire or assumption of supervisory responsibilities. This is a two-hour CSU customized on-line program that provides interactive training with a focus on federal and state statutory provisions, prevention and correction of sexual harassment and remedies available to victims. (Note: training requirement is every two years for employees with supervisory responsibilities).
- Diversity Awareness: Stepping Stones 1 (All employees) - Participants will be introduced to basic cultural concepts, definitions, competencies and explore aspects of human differences, prejudices, biases, and disparities of power in our society. This powerful session is interactive and brings about awareness of our personal views through group activities and videos.
- New Employee Safety Training - All new employees are required to take a basic safety course. This course, the Injury Illness Prevention Program, can be found in our online training database, Skillsoft.
To complete/access the training, please:
For function-specific trainings please consult your supervisor, and for any problems please contact Benjamin Virzi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access your MyCoyote portal using your employee ID and password either from the main campus website or the Employee Training Center located on the Environmental Health and Safety website at www.csusb.edu/ehs/.
- Once in the portal, click on the Skillsoft icon on the left top corner in the QuickLaunch Navigation.
- This will direct you to the CSU campus login.
- Select "San Bernardino" from the drop down menu.
- Search for the CSU-Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
- Launch the course.
- Once complete, print out your certificate and retain it for your records.
- Workplace Violence Prevention and Sexual Harassment Avoidance (All employees) - This session will provide valuable insight into the definition, prevention and resolution of both workplace violence and sexual harassment, including what to do in the event of an incident on our campus.
Instructor-led workshops are offered each term. The term "employee" includes staff and administrators; faculty members are welcome to attend. Please check the training calendar at "Register for Training" for the instructor-led workshop date. There are other workshops which are highly recommended but not required as follows:
Additional training topics can be found by clicking on Curriculum on this page.